I was the Product Manager for the project, collaborating with customer support, design, engineering, and program management to drive the launch.
- Research & Competitive Analysis
- Collaborate with Customer Support Team on Strategy & Vision
- Documentation & Wire-Framing
- Coordination with Engineering Team
- Roadmap & Prioritization
- Reduce incoming support contacts for simple problems
- Improve satisfaction with support
- Launch a mobile version
- Reduced contacts by 10%
- Improved customer satisfaction with support articles by 20%
- Successfully launched mobile-friendly version
The New Help Center
(Unfortunately, I've lost screenshots of the mobile version from launch)
Common actions available at a click.
Help focused around popular devices.
To help customers find articles relevant to their personal devices, hubs were introduced for the most popular platforms.
Less waiting for answers to common questions.
Behind The Scenes
After the Account Page, this was one of the first mobile-responsive pages we built at Hulu. Previously, there was a "mobile web" experience on hulu.com, however this was focused entirely on viewing short clips. Most pages were not mobile-friendly.
Since our customers were using their mobile phones when sitting on their couch trying to troubleshoot streaming issues on their TVs, this lack of a mobile-friendly help site was impacting customer satisfaction. This project aimed to change that.