DupliVet is a new solution to an age-old problem for veterinarians - "How to get clients to bring their pets in for regular exams?"
The problem is that many well-intentioned pet-owners go years between visits to the vet because they simply "forget". Vets try to address this with a mixture of client-education and outreach, but with mixed-results. DupliVet changes that by focusing on fostering unique emotional connections.
I developed the concept, and was responsible for everything from design, prototyping, testing, to developing an international supply-chain. It was a totally new type of product management for me.
- Consumer research
- R&D and material testing
- Design of the artwork used on the toy
- Development of repeatable process
- Coordination with international supply chain
- Launch marketing
- Many cat owners go years between visits to the vet (giving reasons like "I forgot")
- Cat-owner spend ~$45 per year on toys
- Although many veterinarians sell toys, most are the same options available in pet stores
- 85% of consumers make a purchase after receiving a promotional product
- 60% of consumers keep promotional items for at least 2 years
- Given how often they're seen during those 2 years, promotional items have a $0.004 cost per impression (making them one of the most cost-effective forms of marketing)
People can't help but laugh when they see their cats bunny-kicking the little doctor toys – which helps create a truly unique emotional connection.